Thursday, August 20, 2020

Day 7 & 8 Spokane & Deer Lake.

After our overnight in Seattle we headed to Spokane to visit my sister and her family.  We were one of four groups of people staying at her home from Phoenix.  She had literally 20 people in her home from phoenix over the few days we were tehre, all coming from the Phoenix covid hotspot.  We joked if she didn't get it then, she wasn't going to get it - because that's how we process things humor (not because we weren't taking it seriously).  On top of that, I'd had a sore throat for days from what I assume was the weather/traveling - and we were so paranoid, but if we hadn't been in this crazy mindset we wouldn't have even doubted ourselves.  This whole experience was so interesting; to travel during this pandemic, mostly to see how we react to it on an emotional level.  Like I'm healthy, but second guessing myself when visiting family even though I'd been completely responsible in public (masks and such) and distancing from everyone at campsites.  Like it's a real mind game, when you live in a state of paranoia.  So, we didn't. I took vitamin D and olive leaf extract and any other antivirals I could find. We washed our hands, continued wearing masks in public and kept our distance when outdoors.  And everything was fine.  No one got sick, nothing bad happened, everyone was healthy. 
car ride + snacks.
my sister's back yard.
henna on emily before we parted ways on our trip.
We went to the lake with my sister and her friends.
This whole being outside during summer is why I travel.  Fresh air, cooler weather, healthy mindset.
The girls were naturals with the kayaks. Thanks so much to Hope for bringing the mini kayak, I ended up buying it because Vera loved it so much.  Now, I just have to get myself and Sonja some paddle boards.
Like, this is my life.  Gratitude forever. 
non-alcohol of the day.
grillin'. I opted for a grilled cheese. 
and finally henna for my nephew's girlfriend. la luna henna.

more adventures with my sister and fam coming soon.  


No comments:

Post a Comment