Friday, August 21, 2020

Day 9 + 10 Spokane Snacks + Cherry Picking

Waking up at my sister's house was fan freakin tastic.  The weather was perfect, she always had a pot of coffee ready to go and her friends brought cinnamon rolls, so like yeah, living my best life here for sure.  The kids loved being with her, her pups and her kiddos.  They ran outside, we went on walks and played at parks (all the parks were still closed in phoenix because it's one million degrees and covid).  I am so so proud of myself for pushing through all the obstacles to get these girls the summer they deserved.  We actually all deserve the best and time with family and in nature.  My sister's friend Leah hooked us up with the best cherry picking spot in Spokane or near spokane and it had the most adorable farm stand inside packed with goodness and treats.  We also went to Manito park for their gorgeous rose garden and acres of blooming walkways. Anyway I share my favorite mustard, flowers and dessert below... enjoy.
back patio breakfasts are life. 
thisle!
Ice Cream date. 
The fam.
This is the best mustard I've ever had in my life. get some.
cracker, cheddar, raspberry (from garden) top with honey mustard.
Farm animals.
piggy!
playground.
and onto the cherries!
teamwork.
oh yes, we picked buckets.
and sonja found a feather.
market.
Then, we drove downtown to Manito Park and passed all the adorable houses.
so.
many.
roses.
globe thistle.
yarrow.
the greenhouse was closed, but I snuck a photo through the window, so much tropcial green!
after the park we had to use up all those cherries, so we made phyllo dough cherry tarts, some with nutella.
layered and ready for the oven.
yup.  that's what I wanted. 
v. proud of myself.

Tomorrow, more Spokane! we were there for a week and we had so much fun every single day.  



     

No comments:

Post a Comment