Monday, August 24, 2020

Day 11 + 12 Donuts and Boats.

We made sure to build a lot of time into our trip to spend with my sister in Spokane.  We don't get to see each other often because we're both really busy with kids and it requires getting on a plane or driving for 20 + hours.  But when we do get a chance to be together we make it count.  So while visiting we did a bunch of fun things one of which was donuts from Retro Donuts.  They were so good.  I'm obsessed with the cream cheese filled one I think it was a cheese cake donut but I might have stopped listening once the donut box was half full.  We went back to her house to eat them (lots of places were open but they weren't serving dine in) we sat on her back patio and enjoyed the perfect weather and delicious donuts.  We enjoyed prepping some more cherries and had taco night.  Then the next day we headed to the lake in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho.  I don't remember it off the top of my head, but I'll make sure to include it on my Patreon exclusive to our west coast destinations Adventure Guide.  Anyway, we went with Leah and her family and her boat.  I've never been on a raft for a boat like this before and it was the most fun we had all summer.  I was sad we weren't going to be going to Disneyland this Fall (something I saved up for, for the girls before covid) but after playing at the lake all day; that was way more fun than any ride.  Highly suggested if you can rent a boat and try it for yourself!  Here's a look at our days 11 + 12 on our trip...
bottom shelf. middle. cream cheese heaven.
New mug from Silver Pine Studios
Donuts!
Cousins.
Gathering roses and making rosewater. 
chopping cherries.
henna + yarrow.
Taco night with tequila-less margaritas and the best peach salsa I've ever tried.
Idaho.
my sister, her mom and her aunt.
basil.
new friends.
joy.
S. was very nervous, but she was brave!
woohoo!
Seriously.  The best! Thanks Leah and Brandy. 

More of our adventures coming soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment