Monday, October 12, 2020

Fall Break in Colorado 2020

I just can't stand in one place too long, I don't know if it's my lineage which I'm sure is connected to the nomadic people of Europe, or if it's just the consumer driven society I live in that I have a need to escape, but. whatever it is.  The urge to get as far away as frequently as possible is real.  Part of my love for conventional teaching comes from the schedule of the school year, there's built in breaks and lots of time to travel (if you plan well and work a creative side hustle you might actually be able to afford it too).  All jokes aside, traveling does take planning, and the way we do it, it's often do-able with just gas and food money.  We camp instead of hotels and we stay with generous friends.  On the rare occasion I'll splurge for a hotel, but only if every national park is booked and I can't find another option.  This time, we drove to Southern Utah after school on Friday and made it to Colorado the next afternoon.  The Husband opted to stay camping with our dogs over the next few days while we stayed with friends in CO.  I wanted to give the kids a chance to play with friends and go outside to experience the Fall weather.  So we did play dates in the park, simple homeschooling tag alongs, and of course the pumpkin patch! Here's a peek at our travels through Utah and over to Fort Collins, CO. 

Here's the husband breaking down the tent.  Not sure how he's holding his hand in such a unnatural way but whatever, he's camping you know?
woke up to views of cliffs and flowers, enjoyed using my tilt shift lens for all my creative shots. (sol 45)
Then we drove to Moab to get brunch. 
Found the Garage, which had delicious chai tea, coffee and sandwiches.
and ice cream.  duh.
Made our way to Delmara's house.
She made Pecan Pie. 
none of the kids liked it - even though mine requested it. 
Next up was the Bartel's Pumpkin Patch.
Kids had a great time playing around, though we did stop them from riding in the wagons because why do kids always want to break things and get hurt?
so we sent them to jail.
and then we posed in the school bus, because who remembers even what those look like since March?
This is me with a hot chai latte with almond milk - dare you to spot me again without one this Autumn.
Oh my G o u r d . 
STAR SQUASH?! what are you?! I don't know if that's really the name but they're soo cool!
anyone know their actual plant name?
Sweetest Donkey.
sunflowers.
and trains. 
pumpkin hunting.
found one!
Aren't these emerald green pumpkins amazing? 
full wagon.
when you make humans they grow up with skills you taught them, ours are both excellent photographers, her's took this.
bebe orange.
my baby.
caught in action.
the results.
Also found rose hips in her yard.
couldn't harvest them though, because they were resurfacing her street and I didn't want to harvest any fruit living through that.  what a waste. :(
oh that lens on murals is fun.  Downtown Loveland, CO.
looking west to the fire sunset (literally)
Thai food.
my fav.
We also did a photoshoot for Hip Mountain Mama.  
and I got a throat tat. 
kids read in the morning, and played in the park in the afternoons. 
Look. No caution tape!
Wild Childs.
Delmara's example art for her homeschooling enrichment project.
too much focus.
and too many small spaces. 
at least we got to see the Fall colors in real life. 
Delmara snuck my camera and took a bunch of these. 
and that's how I'm in this one!



And that's all for our travels this round.  Where should we go next?



No comments:

Post a Comment