Tuesday, October 6, 2020

San Diego September 2020

Last month we went to San Diego with my mama for a girls weekend.  Normally, every October we go to Southern California  for my annual henna conference and turn it into a girls' weekend.  My mom watches the girls while I am in all my classes, then in the evenings we can go to dinner or the beach.  This year, because of covid the entire event was cancelled.  So we opted for San Diego instead.  My mom loves Mission Bay because it's calm water for the kiddos, we ride bikes and walk around.  The beach side is fun for sunset but, otherwise, I honestly find it too crowded.  We stayed at the Catamaran which was convenient for parking and location wise.  We walked mostly for the daily snacks and activities. We had a great time at the Hotel Del Coronado for a minute, we went there for sunset after I picked up my mom from the airport - she met us there. And we got ice cream from Moo Time ice cream shop, and thai food for dinner.  And we drove to downtown San Diego for a whale watching tour (no whales but we did see dolphins!) and got my favorite blue majik drink from a local juice shop; Choice Juicery.  The smoke wasn't too bad, but we definiately got some amazing sunsets from it the last day.  While I can't imagine the suffering of the wildlife and forests affected by the fires, I will say the red burning a bright red was an intriguing visual experience, which can hardly be captured on film (last image).  I think we did alright with the modifications of society this season and found a way to make our traditions survive the chaos.
//viewz
The kids had so much fun with the property, they told me numerous times that it felt like Kauai with all the lush tropical plants and koi ponds.  So if you're on a road trip budget instead of Pacific Island budget may I suggest the Catamaran?
Taco shop + Flower Crowns.
F A V O R I T E .
Walk to Bird Rock for coffee and bagels.
Hotel Del Coronado from the beach.
Sunset.
Whale watching tour minus the whales sub dolphins. 


     

No comments:

Post a Comment