Friday, December 13, 2013

Handmade Holiday with Emma Magazine {an Event in Photos and a mini D.I.Y. Etched Glass project}

Last night was one the first annual Handmade Holiday event hosted by Emma Magazine.  I was so excited to find out about this event via Emma's Instagram.  I had no idea it was going to be such an amazing event!  My sister and I bought tickets early on to enjoy the swag bag early bird purchase AND I was lucky enough to win an extra ticket thanks to an instagram giveaway.  Here's the night in photos...
So we first arrived to this amazing hot chocolate and dessert bar!
Decorated and Designed by TomKat Studio
Look at these tasty treats!
Once we were done getting our dessert on, I check out my swag bag!
Frances bag! simple and adorable. 
FULL of goodies! 
Revolution tea! {This print!}
Precrafting selfie! 
We signed up to make plate clocks and etched glasses.
but there was also the peter pan collar DIY option. 
And these custom coasters! 
Here's were the fun really started for us! 
Shelly gave the instructions for the "Clinky Drinky" station.
REUSABLE vinyl alphabet
blue tape to make sure the letters are in a straight line. 
First word with letters overlapping so they're closer together.
Fully surrounded by blue painters tape so the toxic etching paste doesn't go in unwanted spots.
DAB the etching paste onto the exposed spaces, don't paint.
Allow to sit for 10-15 minutes 
Rinse under running water. 
Remove tape and letters.
Wipe dry. 
Repeat with another word. 



It was seriously so much fun, I'm already looking forward to next year's! Happy Handmaking and D.I.Y.ing this Holiday season!




No comments:

Post a Comment