Monday, December 2, 2013

Schutsgiving.


Hope everyone had the loveliest Thanksgiving, if you're here in the States.  Otherwise, I hope you had a lovely Thursday.  It was one of the busiest days for us.  With two kids, it's not easy cooking 3 side dishes for a large family but we did it.  And made it to my Father-in-law's on time!  Here's a quick recap of our day and What we ate...
I was responsible for the sweet potatoes, so I started by baking those first thing! 
While they were in the oven, Sonja helped me crush the Organic Corn Flakes and pecans for the topping.
http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/cornflake-sweet-potato-casserole-50400000107597/
While the sweet potatoes were cooking I also got the stuffing going...
Sauteed the veggies in butter, then added veggie stock.
I also came up with this amazing technique for rubber banding the lid onto our pots!
Once we got to my Father-in-law's I decorated the tables with pumpkins I grew and drew on.
I drew on our home grown pumpkins little phrases like, "Give Thanks"
And of course; Schutsgiving.
I asked everyone to add something to the large pumpkin from the pumpkin patch.
Emily made these crossants with apples and brie {one of my go to appetizers}
Giving Thanks.
From left to right; Turkey fresh out of the oven, wagon wheel from local bakery, gravy, artichokes, mashed potatoes, pumpernickel rolls from same bakery, fancy mac & cheese, stuffing, brussel sprouts, green beans and almonds, sweet potato casserole & cranberry sauce. {not pictured; french onion gruyere soup by wayne}
I'm thankful for this guy who always takes care of his family before himself.
I'm not a turkey kind of girl, but I'll eat ALL the sides!
And after my Father-in-law's we headed to my aunt and uncle's for dessert!

and that's what we ate!  Hope you all had a lovely Thanksgiving!
-Jenn


You can also follow along on TwitterPinterestFacebook, and Tumblr!

No comments:

Post a Comment