Monday, July 14, 2014

Baby Maggie's Newborn Photo Session

As some of my readers know, I've been doing photography for a few years now.  One of my most favorite things to photograph are families, especially new additions.  Last weekend I had the honor to do just that!  I met Lyndsay and her family though my midwife, and as she was expecting her third child she contacted me to take photographs of her birth.  But when she progressed rather quickly, she instead chose newborn photos.  I'm actually really happy it worked out the way it did because I was able to capture the new baby, AND her older siblings along with mom and dad.  Here are a few of my favorite images...
When I first showed up, baby was sleeping with mom, so her siblings cuddled for a few photos. 
as she woke up, mom passed her over to her siblings, and while they did their best to mush her, she never got upset.
Once mom had her back in her arms, her brother started showing off for the camera and asking all sorts of questions about my camera, sadly, I didn't have ALL the answers. 
Look closely at big sister to the left. Roaaar! 
more big brother. 
and big sister. 
The thing I love most about taking photos in a family's home is how comfortable everyone is in their space, so it really is just documenting them, being them. 
and if you don't have baby fever yet, you will... 
big sister holding little sister's hand on the left and mom supporting baby on the right. 
Once I documented baby and the whole family, I asked the kids to show me their favorite toys.
They brought me to their rooms and showed off their most prized possessions.
big brother with his cars and and big sister with her dolls.


If you're interested in the rest of my work you can find my full site at www.JenniferLindSchutsky.com 

Thanks for following along.




No comments:

Post a Comment