Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Food Club no. 17 {High Tea at The Phoenician}

This weekend Bitches Food Club met up at The Phoenician in Scottsdale to enjoy high tea together.  We have been rotating between ultra fancy restaurants and new start up shops.  I think it's obviously a bit more fun to dress up and go somewhere fancy but any excuse to get out of the house for a few hours and catch up with the women in my life is a welcome event.  Here's a look at what tea at The Phoenician looks like...
Obviously, the tea sets were beautiful, as was the place settings,
There is the traditional tea option but of course I went for the champagne option.
Meghan ordered Booker's Whiskey which was not on the menu but in an effort to accommodate her, they served it to her anyway, and it was a welcome addition to our tea.
Tea Sandwiches were promptly served.
and a beautiful view.
we watched a gorgeous storm roll in and pour all over the patio.
Sadly, speaking with my hands is catching up to me and I knocked my champagne glass into Cameron's lap. It shattered all over the table and into my tea leaves.
This is why I can't have nice things.


The Full Review {their menu here}:
Favorite Appetizer: The Cucumber tea sandwich, they had 5 sandwiches and they were all beautiful, but I only ate the vegetarian ones, and I picked the ham off the asparagus one, because it was worth it.

Favorite Tea: I'm sure they're all amazing but I ordered the black French Vanilla and I pretty much didn't want to drink anything else.


1-10 Service {0 worst, 10 best}: 10.  I wouldn't have expected anything less, would you?  They sat us right away, even though a few people weren't there yet.  They brought everyone their tea quickly and there were no mistakes.  They asked if we'd like to wait or start, we chose to start with sandwiches and they served everyone whatever ones we wanted.  Drinks were always refilled and there were two rounds of both sandwiches and desserts. I can't think of anything they could have done better.  And when I broke my champagne glass, instead of asking if it spilled anywhere or damaged anything they asked if anyone was hurt. Which speaks volumes about their customer service, thankfully no one was hurt and I'm just clumsy, but I know places can make a big deal about broken or damaged serving ware.

Mistakes {corrections?}: None. 

Cost {$  $$  $$$  $$$$!}: $$$$ This was the most I've ever spent for tea or food ever.  They included gratuity and after tax my total was $65.  for me.  one person.  We've had fancy brunches that were cheaper with more food and drinks but this was an extremely elegant experience and I think splurging {when you've been able to save up for it} is a wonderful way to reward yourself for all your hard work. So while we couldn't do this every weekend, we think it was worth it.  Plus by financially not being able to do this every weekend it also keeps it special and a unique experience, you really do get what you pay for and I've never had tea or {some of the} desserts this good before.

Reservations? Yes.  You MUST make reservations.  They require a signed contract and credit card to have on file for parties of 10 or more, just in case you cancel within 72 hours of your reservation.  

Would we eat there again? Yes.  I really want to bring my daughter on a mommy daughter date, because it was so elegant and she'd get to practice her manners.  

No comments:

Post a Comment