Monday, March 9, 2015

Bitches Food Club goes to Devoured Phoenix {and they bring their Husbands} Day 1

This past weekend was Devoured Phoenix Culinary Classic, Husband and I got tickets to both days because we had such a good time last year, here's a look at the first day...
First things first. 
Husband picked Old Rasputin to start and I grabbed a glass as well, I'm not sure I would have ordered it on my own, and I don't love beer, but this one was so dark it was almost bitter like coffee, which I can get into.
Once we had our beverages we started out on our food mission...
Serving Boudin Balls
above: Geordies, Husband gave it the thumbs up.
This was probably the best of the pork items, it was a pork belly sandwich topped with coleslaw on pretzel bun.  As much as I don't like pork, I secretly liked this from Bliss Rebar.
Spaghetti Squash Curry from Flower Child 
Flower Child had so many options! and not pictured cucumber lemonade.

Is this not the cutest {can I uses the word cute when describing meat?} mini meat roll? 
Roka Akor Killing it as usual.  They were grilling bone marrow all day long. 
Tito's and Jacked Ice collaboration:
Mango Pama Tini
above: sticky toffee pudding with bacon brittle.
everyone seemed to be serving pork! Whatever, I tried a little of everything but, maybe, we could move away from foie gras {last year's big deal} and pork {this year's big deal} and maybe find something a little more ethical... just a thought.
Half of the items I was eating I actually had no idea what they were, including this above item, pork again, I'm pretty sure.  Delicious non the less.
Husband loves shrimp, I love corn and there was an amazing, I'll guess, sriracha cream sauce from Los Somberos
Sochu House and Red Thai were handing out two items, but I chose this rice stir fry, those white circle things are rice "balls" for lack of better description, they are most describable like an Asian gnocchi.  Spicy and well seasoned.
Husband enjoyed as much beer as he could try.  The selection this year included a few more breweries which was cool.
Above; INGO'S provided this avocado bruschetta-esq toast.
Chelsea's Kitchen Had a meat and potatoes sample pictured on the left below: 
Above right: LGO Pizza and Hostess looking brownie {I have to admit I was disappointed to find NO creme on the inside} 
Cibo's bruschetta with sardine and grapefruit, wasn't my fav. but I did like this Risotto dish it was paired with.
While there we met up with our Midwife and some of her babies.
Husband was all about the shrimp, and I'l eat anything with avocado and cilantro, from SOL
A sort of Spanish Risotto from Alto, and they had the BEST drink it was vanilla ice cream with blood orange sparkling water, going to try to recreate!
aren't those tiny mushrooms adorable?! from Tonto's and Cartwirght's booth.
and then husband came back with this "meat dessert it was steak with sugar on top and a side of coffee grounds and avocado puree.  From Wigwam Resort.
here he is being over dramatic about the aroma of the dish, although to be fair, it did smell pretty fantastic. 
THIS desert.  a new friend brought it to me and I have no idea where it was from, but it was a dutch caramel apple cheesecake, square it was my favorite dessert from the day.


No comments:

Post a Comment