Thursday, March 19, 2015

Bitches Food Club no. 20 {Urban Vine- CLOSED}

We've been eating a lot!  Last month we skipped our planned meet up for Devoured Phoenix, and for March we decided to try Urban Vine.  It's an adorable home converted into small wine cafe.  I don't remember where the suggestion came from, I think a random list online or maybe someone suggested it, but we voted and it made the cut for 2015 restaurants.   Here's how the night went...
It was cold and getting dark when I arrived, I had my jacket because I wasn't sure if there was much room inside or if it was more of a patio place, but thanks to our reservations we had an adorable table inside. 
I love adorable homes converted into cafes, all the rooms are small and intimate, it just adds to the charm. 
Their daily menu is available here.
I oped for the Sips, Melted Cheese Pita & Greens.
But their salads also sounded pretty good.
When my friend Anna asked if they had Sangria, the server was great, "We can make some."
Left; Red Wine on Tap, Right; the Basquiat {Bourbon, Blackberry Infused Elder Flower, Lemon Juice, Agave Nectar, Cherry Bitters, Prosecco} it was super sweet but that's how I like my bourbon mixed. 
Delmara and I started with some olives, they were a little too strong, I could only eat 3-4.  They were well seasoned but there were so many and I didn't want to waste them {this was a spoonful, not the full serving} I ate as many as I could then saved the rest to take home. 
Delmara + Meghan
Gretchen + Anna 
Me + Macey + Tammy 
The P-Mac n Cheese; Pulled Pork, Bacon Nuggets, Peas, Toasted Corn, Onion Marmalade, looked and smelled amazing.  I would have ordered this without Pork, but if you're into Mac and Cheese I haven't seen a better restaurant M+C than this. 
My did was a tomato bisque soup with salad and cheese pita.  It was exactly what I wanted on a cold evening and as strange as it might sound the sugar pillow {think marshmallow} was a unique and sweetening touch to the soup.  Everything tasted crisp, fresh and well seasoned. 
I think this is the Urban Caesar Salad;  Hearts of Romaine, Salted Herb Croutons, Sun Dried Tomatoes, and Spiced Caesar Dressing with Chicken {This wasn't my meal, but it did look good} 
We all ordered the same thing, there were like 4 popular items and this one was ordered by 3 of us. 
Anna ordered this Date Meatloaf and it was huge!  So much food.
but even after all {okay maybe not all, we took some to go} food we still opted for dessert...
This was a white chocolate with caramel sauce custard type dessert and it was heavenly.

The Full Review :
Favorite Appetizer: We got the olives but probably should have got the daily bruschetta instead.

Favorite Entree: I LOVED my tomato bisque soup in the Sips, Melted Cheese Pita & Greens

Favorite Drink: I really liked my Basquiat, but wanted to try the Eugene and Elanor

1-10 Service {0 worst, 10 best}: 9.  We were sat right away, waters were on the table when we arrived, Order was taken promptly and food was delivered quickly.  The only thing that could have been improved was MAYBE the services at the end of the night, it took some time to split the checks and bring boxes, but I expect that with any large party.  There ended up being only 6 of us because a couple people were sick last minute, but overall I think the services was great and our server was super helpful, cheerful and totally posi.

Cost {$  $$  $$$  $$$$!}: $-$$ It wasn't cheap but the amount of food for the price was impressive, I was worried my $8 soup meal thing was going to be really small but I actually had some left at the end of the night to take home.  Some of the items were more expensive but well within the normal pricing for fancier meets and seafoods.

Mistakes {corrections?}: none.

Reservations? At first we had a larger group of 12 and then people ended up not being able to make it, so I'm not sure if they would have taken a reservation for 6 people, but they definitely do for larger groups.  And it's a small space, so if you're thinking of going on a weekend I would double check to make sure you get a table, otherwise I imagine the wait would be long.

Would we eat there again? I would! everything I ordered was good, and I think my husband would like to try it to, so I'll probably bring him back another night, I want to try one of those other cocktails.





No comments:

Post a Comment