Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Bitches Food Club no. 24 {BlissReBar}

For our August meet up we actually chose breadfruit and rum bar, but when we called to make a reservation they informed us they couldn't fit all 13 of us in their space, so we decided to find somewhere that could! Bliss ReBar to the rescue.  It's been on my list for a while, so I jumped at the opportunity to check out their resturaunt...
Of course we started with drinks.
and selfies.
and then group shots.
a few the lovely ladies.
$5 drink of the night, rum!
food took a while to arrive, parmesan and rosemary fries.  Yup those were mine.
Stephanie's Humus Platter.
Macey and I split the pretzel and cheese appetizer.
Tammy says, "Veggie 4th Street tacos were messy but delicious! Also I recommend not eating all day and getting the rum drink we had before your dinner comes out."Emily's Grilled Cheese, "Grilled cheese was alright. Cheese was lukewarm. The apples and bacon were a nice touch. The side salad was really yummy"

Stephanie and her sister ordered the Roosevelt, she says, "I had the Roosevelt. The potatoes too salty, "vegetables" turned out to only be carrots and while they were good, they weren't right for the dish, which was covered in unnecessary cheese not mentioned in the menu description. Did not taste the dijon. Would have liked something to break-up the 'mush' factor of the dish. It was really one note. Making a provencal style vegetable would have been nice. Some fennel, onions, and tomatoes with thyme would have done WONDERS for the dish. Chicken wasn't as well prepared as I would have liked. Hummus was good. Bread was good. Wasn't super impressed though they had nice flavor and some zip. Wasn't entirely convinced a farm style bread went with hummus, but you know what? That's fine. See me judge CHOPPED on Tuesdays at 8/7c on Food Network."
Katie's choice, was alright, the pretzel bun she requested on the side was probably the best part of her meal.
I picked a veggie appetizer as my entree, but I should have got the tacos, I was surprised to see how delicious they looked.  While I have to admit these lettuce cups were just alright the night of, they were even better warmed up the next day!  
Not Pictured: Megan's dinner, "[She] had the quinoa/lentil salad, which was finer-chopped than [She] would've liked, but tasted good. [She] also had the Roosevelt, but added red and green peppers: Chicken breast itself was not good and additions were just a'right. For bebidas, [She] had the margarita and the whiskey lemon smash (subbed house bourbon with Maker's) and was completely unimpressed with both. Worst parts about experience: Salad came out after entrée and service was slooooow; best: The company, followed by the cool architecture/surroundings."

The Full Review {their menu here}:
Favorite Appetizer: Pretzels and cheese! although the rosemary fries were a close second.

Favorite Entree: Probably the tacos or the pork sliders. not pictured because they took a long time to come out.

Favorite Drink: I wasn't super impressed with their drinks but their happy hour seems like it would be worth it.

1-10 Service {0 worst, 10 best}: 7.5  Everything was good, alright, but it did take a long time to actually get our food and for the check, I'm usually pretty understanding and the server was nice, but I feel like the point of our food club is to find new places test them out and give you an honest review, so while the patio and atmosphere is pretty cool, be prepared to wait if you're in a large group.

Cost {$  $$  $$$  $$$$!}: $-$$ I think everything was reasonable, if I had any self control I probably could have walked out with a check for $15 or less tip and drink included, but you know I love my appetizers. 

Mistakes {corrections?}: no mistakes, just slow {but friendly} service.

Reservations? They took them for our large party without even calling ahead {we got scared to call since the other places we've been trying have told us no}  not sure if it would be necessary on a weeknight for a smaller group or date, and the patio is always crowded on the weekend, but it seems like they're open to walk ins.  

Would we eat there again? I would! I really like their patio and I don't mind slow service as long as I don't have anywhere to rush off to.


What are your favorite places in phoenix?! We're always looking for new suggestions and more locations to test out, shoot us an email if you know of somewhere new and/or opening!


No comments:

Post a Comment