Thursday, June 16, 2016

Art and Wellness Event Recap.

I thought I should take a moment and share a little bit more about why I've been so absent from this blog and why I might seem so busy to those that know me in real life. The simplest explanation is that I am.  Very.  Busy.  May was an incredibly busy and enriching month.  June is hardly any different.

The biggest event in May was the Art & Wellness Event I co-coordinated with some really wonderful women in a really wonderful space.  I really appreciate everyone who attended and contributed to our Art and Wellness Event!  Because, without them it would have been a waste of countless hours and lots of emails. In an effort to strengthen our creative community I have included links to all our vendors, sponsors and contributors because they really made this event what it was!  We knew we wanted to teach a workshop focused on wellness as I teach monthly workshops using essential oils and DIY home and care products.  My Friend Cameron and I usually teach a class once a month, but lately she's been requested to teach private workshops for those who want to pick exactly what to make and in the comfort of their own home as opposed to a total strangers. We really wanted to do something good for our community so when my friend Sara offered the space at Release the Fear, we knew we could help benefit this local non-profit.  Release the Fear benefits local disadvantaged youth and teens creating a safe space to make art and in the process release the fear and self doubt that can lead to troubling mistakes. Together we were able to raise over $140 with our raffle items for Release the Fear and I'll be investing in a painting in the near future too! As an art teacher this is really powerful and inspiring work.  To us art as a tool to experience a full and happy life, I sort of love that about the creative process, how freeing and expressive it all is.  I can't wait to stop in for a workshop to see the process live for myself, until then I'll just have to browse the gallery and listen to the work that has been created and shared.

Here's a glimpse at our event...

Seriously we are so grateful to all of our sponsors and vendors!


    Make sure to like our page Workshops with Jenn and Cameron to stay informed about upcoming events.  And you can find us on istagram: @workshopswithjennandcameron!



    No comments:

    Post a Comment