Friday, July 29, 2016

Paris {Day 8; Watercolors, champs elysees, and macaroons}

After all of our adventures the day before, we ended up sleeping in and Husband attempted to see the Catacombes, while I stayed home with the girls.  Eventually, around noon maybe as late as two, (but who keeps track of time on vacation?)  We finally got up and walked down to the park.
we brought our watercolor set so I could watch the girls play while starting on my postcards.
They helped paint a few until it started raining, at which point we walked back to our apartment.
Husband got back from being rained out of line for the catacombes (another activity we'll have to wait for until next time) and the sun came back out.  We decided to walk down the champs elysees and see the arc de triomphe.
hard to see but I love these old art nouveau metro signs, there are just a few historic ones left in the city.
CITROËN building has the most interesting façade
of course, had to stop for macaroons at laduree
they even have a full bar.
After our evening stroll, we went back to our apartment and got dinner from Le BeBe. I got sparkling and they even brought something for the kids.
Their vegetarian plate.
Husband ordered scallops
Vera slept though dinner and the walk home.
Back at the apartment I finished more watercolors, then ate my references. 



Next up, our train ride to Switzerland and our first day visiting my sister! epp, so excited to relive the trip though all my images.  Hope you're enjoying them as much as I am writing about them!



No comments:

Post a Comment