Monday, September 29, 2014

Sonja's Fourth Birthday PARTY PREP. {Race Car Theme: Formula 1. Not Nascar FREE PAPER RACETRACK DOWNLOAD}

This past weekend was my older daughter's fourth birthday.  She wanted a race car party since she's always working on cars with her daddy.  Husband wanted me to emphasize the Formula 1 racing culture as opposed to Nascar, but I probably fell somewhere in between.  Sadly, my home will never resemble anything in Monaco. However, we did have champagne!

For the take home I bought each kid a toy car and printed out a track I found by googling "build your own racetrack"
and I made the above image in photoshop, modified from what I found, from this site.

I also made a Sewn Pennant Banner with full tutorial here.

I painted all these signs and props the week before, hand drawn in pencil then pained with acrylic cut with an exacto blade {on cutting mat}.

I made these tassel banners for Vera's First Birthday with tutorial here.

punched holes in this foam core with a philips screwdrive and tied twine to hang it.
I painted this racetrack on canvas {duct taped to the patio} with tempera paint.  Careful though, I learned the hard way it can still leak through the canvas and onto the patio that way.  Which is actually fine, because we plan on re-staining our patio anyway, but it also smelled like tempera which kind of bothered me the whole day.

And that was party prep!  Check back tomorrow for the actual party!

   



No comments:

Post a Comment